Latest Thailand Automotive News
Latest News: Nissan Navara Single Cab and inexpensive Nissan Tiida released, 194 hp Vigo promised in 2009 version, Toyota Hybrid Camry to be manufactured in Thailand, Colorado in CNG
- Toyota Hilux Vigo 2009 and Toyota Fortuner 2009 are about to be released. Please take a sneak peak at the minor change Toyota Fortuner 2009. Orders for minor change 2009 Toyota Hilux Vigo model and minor change 2009 model Toyota Hilux Fortuner are poring in. Be the first in your country to book 2009 Toyota Hilux Vigo and 2009 Toyota Fortuner.
- Mitsubishi Triton is most likely going through a minor change in 2009 and new version is expected either in August or Mitsubishi will wait for the Auto show in November to release its new Mitsubishi Triton. Mitsubishi is also releasing its SUV PPV Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in November
- The Release of Extra Cab and Double Cab Nissan Navara - Europe's best selling pickup - had created the same sensation in 2007 - if not more - as Vigo did when it was first released. Though Nissan 4x4 Navara has not managed to unseat Vigo as world's top selling 4x4 diesel pickup but it has given it a strong challenge in many markets. We were the first auto exporter to sneak pictures of Double Cab Nissan Navara when it was in first production and were also the first to export Nissan Navara double Cab out of Thailand. We have a great news for Nissan Navara fans, Nissan has decided to use its Thailand plant to build its first Single Cab Nissan Navara. Read a press release on its introduction. Email us now to be the first dealer in your country to offer Single Cab Nissan Navara. The single-cab Nissan Navara RWD pick-up is available with 144hp 2.5-litre common-rail turbo-diesel unit mated to five-speed manual instead of the usual six-speeder. Intended as a workhorse, it comes in only one trim at a price of B479,000.
- Another news also come from Nissan. Nissan has decided to separate the marketing plan for the Tiida hatchback from the sedan to our customers' advantage. The hatchback model continues to be called Nissan Tiida while the sedan will be popularised as the Tiida Latio and its prices have been slashed. The prices for the Tiida Latio start from 554,000 baht for the new 1.6-litre model in both manual and automatic transmissions. They go up to 715,000 baht for the top 1.6-litre automatic model.
- An interesting tidbit: Toyota is going to be selling 500 units of souped up Toyota Hilux in UK which have their horsepower boosted to 194 horsepower and its torque increased from 252 lb-ft. to 317 lb-feet. Is this a trailer for what is coming down the pike for 2009? Toyota Thailand is busy cooking up new features for 2009 Toyota Hilux Vigo. Stay tuned to this page for more info.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid will be manufactured in Thailand in 2009. Jim Autos will make them available as they are released
- Honda Freed MPV expected to be brought into Thailand in 2009. Freed will compete with Toyota Fortuner and Isuzu MU-7
- GM releases Chevy Colorado in dual fuel system (CNG as well as diesel/biodiesel). With diesel prices rising CNG is suddenly very attractive
- 2008 Nissan Navara - Europe's best selling pickup 2 years running - is breaking all records of previous sales. Read more about it in our Navara page
- Despite strong challenges from Navara and Triton, 2008 Toyota Hilux Vigo remains our top seller. It is available in black, gold, silver, blue and gun metallic
- Jim Autos - world's largest exporter of new and used RHD diesel 4x4 pickups and SUVs - is now offering factory original Left Hand Drive Toyota Hilux Vigo and a range of Factory original Left Hand Drive vehicles
- You love your 4x4 Vigo but quietly envy Toyota Fortuner V's front look, the passenger side airbag and other niceties. Envy no more, we can transform Vigo G into a Vigo V Limited Edition
- Ford Ranger, Mazda BT50, Isuzu D-max , Isuzu MU-7, Chevrolet Colorado and Honda CR-V have been redesigned pickup from the ground up. Isuzu and Chevy pickups were always popular, but we have seen a sudden upsurge in Mazda BT-50's demand in the past few months because of its great new look and its great discount.
- Mitsubishi Fuso a heavy duty truck - is available in all its variations: Fuso Canter Guts, Fuso Canter and Fuso Fighter ranging from 3 tons to 45 tons
- Mr. Jim Quraishi and Mr. Jim Quraishi are avid environmentalists and have always financed environmental causes but recently Jim Autos Thailand and all its sister organizations came together to honor Al Gore's Nobel Peace Prize. Mr. Jim and Mr. Jim committed 2% of Jim profits to environmental causes and projects
New Ford Ranger Released
"ALL NEW FORD RANGER WITH NEW GENERATION DURATORQ TDCI COMMONRAIL ENGINE TECHNOLOGY MAKES WORLD DEBUT IN THAILAND
- The All New Ford Ranger makes its world debut in Thailand at the Bangkok International Motor Show.
- The All New Ford Ranger shares the bold "Built Ford Tough" design features with the American Ford F-series pickup, the best selling truck in the world for 29 consecutive years
- The All New Ford Ranger's powerful 3.0L and 2.5L DURATORQ TDCi
engines feature the latest Commonrail Fuel System and Variable
Geometry Turbocharger for best-in-class engine performance AND fuel
the new 2.5L engine provides 143PS engine output at 3,500 rpm and 330Nm of torque at 1,800 rpm AND still delivers 22% better fuel economy than the previous Ranger.
the new 3.0L engine delivers best-in-class 380 Nm torque at 1800 rpm and 156PS at 3,200 rpm. AND still delivers 15% better fuel efficiency than the previous Ranger.
- The All New Ford Ranger sets a new standard in engine performance, fuel economy, refined interior, passenger comfort, excellent drivability and superb functional capabilities.
BANGKOK, Thailand, March 7, 2006 - The All New Ford Ranger makes its world debut in Thailand at the Bangkok International Motor Show and introduces the latest of Ford's American Tough Truck to the Thailand market. Ford is confident to continue its success in the one-tonne pickup segment with the new Ranger pickup that aims to set a new standard in the industry in terms of engine performance, fuel economy, passenger comfort, safety features, excellent drivability, towing capacity and affordability. The tough exterior and refined interior design is an extension of the most successful pickup truck in the world, the best-selling American Ford F- series trucks for 29 consecutive years.
The new Ford Ranger defines Ford's American Tough Truck heritage and delivers on the company's commitment to offer innovative products to customers that are affordable and of high-quality.
Mr. John Fink, Executive Vice President of Ford Thailand, recalled that "When the first generation one-tonne Ford Ranger came to Thailand, it revolutionized the entire pickup truck market with innovations that changed the pickup standard - first with passenger airbags and ABS brakes in 1998, first with double cab bodystyle in 2000, and first with Rear Access System on Stretch Cab bodystyle in 2002. With the All New Ford Ranger, we will again set a new standard in engine technology with the new DURATORQ commonrail engine that pushes the boundaries in performance and fuel economy. All these innovations come together in the All New Ford Ranger in a package that is tough, durable and best of all, affordable.
"The All New Ford Ranger is an authentic modern American Tough Truck; through its bold statement of Build Ford Tough design and technology innovation, the All New Ford Ranger really hits the bullseye directly where our customers demand so," Mr. Fink said.
Exceedingly Powerful and Fuel Efficient DURATORQ TDCi Commonrail Engine The All New Ford Ranger is powered by the latest commonrail engine with 16-valve Dual Overhead Camshaft (DOHC), new generation high pressure Bosch Commonrail Fuel Injection System and Variable Geometry Turbocharger to deliver exceptional engine performance, best-in-class torque, rapid engine response and high fuel economy.
The 2.5L engine delivers 143 PS and 330Nm of torque at a low 1,800 rpm, yet provides 22% better fuel economy than the Ranger's previous 2.5L WLT turbo engine. The 3.0L engine is a new addition to the Ranger, and boasts best-in-class 380 Nm torque at 1,800 rpm and 156PS power output.
The perfect combination of "Variable Geometry Turbocharger" technology and the new generation Commonrail Direct Injection Fuel System increases power output and torque across the driving range - making the All New Ford Ranger a spirited performer on expressways, crowded city streets and off-road conditions, with instantaneous acceleration even when carrying heavy payloads. The Dual Mass Flywheel increases engine response and reduces engine vibration to provide smooth engine acceleration and responsiveness.
The turbo-diesel powertrain is mated to a new 5-speed Manual Transmission, designed for easy shifting for a more car-like response and handling.
Bold and Tough Exterior Tougher and more muscular, the All New Ford Ranger carries a distinctive ruggedness that runs from the grille up into the power dome of the hood, through the body, and down into the rear. The raised beltline contributes to its bold and commanding profile yet retains a modern and sleek look.
The characteristic 3-bar front grille is wider allowing for improved air-flow and superior cooling for heavy duty hauling and towing. The split front fascia houses new rectangular headlamps designed for off-road application. Its clear-lens reflectors feature jewel-like details to provide superior light distribution.
Large pronounced wheel-arches further enhance the muscular presence of the truck. The new Ranger is fitted with 16-inch alloy wheels and all-terrain tyres.
Mr. Fink said that "The All New Ford Ranger's rugged exterior speaks for itself - as an authentic 'Tough Truck' that delivers on command each time. The Ford Blue Oval prominent at the front and rear are proud badges of honor and distinction - hallmarks of its Built Ford Tough American Truck heritage."
Modern and Refined Interiors While the All New Ford Ranger exterior speaks of "Tough Truck", the interior offers a welcome delight with a space that provides a comfortable and luxurious experience to the driver and passengers through its sedan-like modern and refined interiors, and superb suspension.
The All New Ford Ranger features a refreshing interior color of camel, in addition to the more conventional grey interior. The "power-theme" of the exterior is carried forward to the interiors through bright chrome details. The modern and sporty three-cluster instrument panel is complemented by the bright chrome center stack housing the integrated high fidelity CD player, AM/FM radio with MP3 capability.
The seats have been ergonomically designed with front-seat cushions, side bolsters and bigger headrests to offer better support and comfort for long-distance traveling. The rear seats have improved seat-back angles and feature a central armrest.
There are plenty of uniquely designed storage areas for convenience and functionality. Ranger offers five cup holders and two one-liter bottle holders in the front door trim panels. The large center console consists of upper storage for smaller items and larger lower bin for CDs and larger items. The cavernous 8.1L glove-box adds to more stowage room.
In an industry first, a working tray table pulls out neatly from the instrument panel, suitable for placing lunch or completing paperwork.
Excellent Drivability The All New Ford Ranger has been engineered to work the way you work, the way you expect your truck to work. Every mechanical aspect of the truck has been engineered and fine-tuned to deliver superior driving and handling.
The Ranger's new ladder frame chassis adds increased rigidity and a tougher and more durable suspension contributes to improved ride capability. Steering has been optimized for easy handling at low speed and firmer steering at higher speeds, allowing for easier low speed parking maneuvers and minimum of understeer and oversteer at high speeds.
Acceleration is instant, smooth and predictable, while body roll is at a minimum and adhesion to the ground is high even under dynamic driving, thus giving the driver excellent road holding control and confidence.
The brake system is designed for superior braking control under real-world loaded work truck conditions. Braking is smooth, stable and controlled. With Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD), the system automatically adjusts to the load carried to give confidence to the driver even under maximum payload or towing capacity. The 4-Wheel Antilock Brake System (ABS) prevents wheels from locking during sudden braking on slippery conditions.
Superb Functional Capabilities The All New Ford Ranger has superb functional capabilities like no other - it is a "truck done right for the job." The pick-up box has been raised 60mm to offer an impressive cargo volume capable of carrying one tonne payload and up to three tonne towing capacity. A unique shelving system incorporated into the pickup box's inner lip design allows for flexible and optimal cargo management.
The All New Ford Ranger continues to set new safety standards in the pickup truck industry through its industry-first seat side airbag. Front driver and passenger airbags are standard. Three-point seatbelts in outboard positions come with seatbelt pre-tensioners that provide improved passenger restraint. Superior body construction designed to manage the crash forces away from vehicle occupants, side intrusion beam for side impact protection and the raised door beltline provide added safety and protection, making the All New Ford Ranger one of the safest trucks in the market today.
As a tough work horse, the Ranger is well equipped to tackle any challenging terrain. Ranger has a generous ramp-over angle while vehicle approach and departure angles have been designed for steep climbs. Combined with extremely tractionable engines and high levels of on-demand torque, the Ranger is an authentic off-roader you can depend on to take you anywhere and to get you back safely. The Ranger's tough 4X4 capability is well proven through the success of its predecessors in conquering the harshest conditions found in the far-flung corners of the world - the Ford Ranger is the indisputable authentic Build Ford Tough truck.
It is our great pleasure to welcome you to Jim Autos. According to Statcounter, you are the -th visitor to our site.
Our Australia, United Kingdom and Dubai Divisions Jim Autos Australia, UK and Dubai offers all kinds of new and used vehicles from Australia, United Kingdom, Dubai and United States ranging from sedans, small cars, family cars, estate cars station wagons, cabriolets convertibles, executive cars, 4x4 pickups, 4x4 SUVs, coupes, Multi-purpose vehicles (MPVs), vans, trucks to construction and farm machinery from Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Lexus, Mazda, Isuzu, Infiniti, Audi, Mercedes Benz, VolksWagen, BMW, Porsche, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Iveco Trucks, Land Rover, Jaguar, Mini, Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Vauxhall, Rolls Royce, Citroen, Renault Cars, Bugatti, Peugeot, Renault Trucks, Chrysler, Jeep, Ford, Chevrolet, Saab, Volvo, Scania Trucks, Volvo Trucks, DAF Trucks, Hyundai, Ssang Yong, Kia, Seat and Skoda